The Fuel EX 5 is a full-suspension trail bike that's ready to handle it all. With trail-taming 140 mm front and 130 mm rear suspension, a Shimano 1x12 drivetrain, a dropper post for getting low on descents and hydraulic disc brakes, the Fuel EX 5 hits the mark as a high-value, high-performance mountain bike with exceptional versatility.
You're ready to go full suspension, and you want a versatile trail bike at a great value. You want a ride that's sure-footed, capable and responsive, so you can stay in control no matter where you're riding.
A sturdy aluminium frame with a Knock Block steerer stop to protect against spinning bars. A 140 mm RockShox Recon Silver fork, 130 mm of rear travel with an X-Fusion Pro 2 shock, a durable 12-speed Shimano Deore drivetrain, dropper post and hydraulic disc brakes.
You get full suspension performance without the sticker shock. The Fuel EX 5 has the same proven frame technology that riders have loved over the years, with parts chosen to keep the price tag low and stoke level high.
- You get a high-end ride at an exceptional value with frame features like Boost148 and ABP that give you confident handling and room to upgrade parts as your skills grow
- It has the capability of far more expensive trail bikes: it shreds singletrack and can even handle the occasional XC or enduro race
- The dropper post lets you lower your saddle on the fly so it's out of the way on descents
- The RockShox fork's DebonAir spring can easily be adjusted for a specific rider weight, and it's lighter than a coil spring
- We expanded our size range to ensure a better fit for all riders. And, you get the fastest wheel that fits your frame: XS frames get 27.5? wheels, S frames get to choose between 27.5? or 29? and sizes M to XL get 29? wheels
Will my bike have a curved top tube?
Smaller frames (XS and S) have a top tube that dips down as it approaches the seat tube. This design makes for a lower standover height, which is good for shorter riders because it allows them to straddle their bike more easily. Larger frames (M and up) have a straight top tube because taller riders with longer legs typically don?t have the same issues with standover height.
Active Braking Pivot
Active Braking Pivot allows our engineers to tune how the suspension reacts to acceleration and braking forces independently. That means you get more confident control when you need it most.
Straight Shot w/Knock Block
Trek's Straight Shot frame design optimises the stiffness-to-weight ratio for a more responsive ride. You'll be able to push harder and stay more planted on your line when the going gets rough.
|Frame||Size XS, UNI, Aluminium, Alpha Platinum Aluminium, tapered head tube, Knock Block, Control Freak internal routing, downtube guard, ISCG 05, magnesium rocker link, Mino Link, ABP, Boost148, 130 mm travel|
|Wheel Size||Front 27.5|
|Wheel Size||Rear 27.5|
|Fork||RockShox Recon Silver, DebonAir spring, Motion Control damper, lockout, tapered steerer, 46 mm offset, Boost110, Maxle Stealth, 140 mm travel|
|Gears||DERAILLEUR, SHIMANO, Shimano, 1 Gears|
|Shifters||SHIMANO, Shimano Deore M6100, 12 speed,|
|Front Brake||SH, SHIMANO, Shimano hydraulic disc, MT201 lever, MT200 calliper // Shimano hydraulic disc, MT201 lever, MT200 calliper Shimano RT56, 6-bolt, 180 mm, Shimano, Disc brake with hydraulic actuation|
|Rear Brake||SH, SHIMANO, Shimano hydraulic disc, MT201 lever, MT200 calliper // Shimano hydraulic disc, MT201 lever, MT200 calliper Shimano RT56, 6-bolt, 180 mm, Shimano, Disc brake with hydraulic actuation|
|Bartape / Grips||BONTRAGER|