It’s right for you if…
You want a single durable, ultra-versatile gravel bike that’s ready for adventure. Gravel? Check. Tarmac? Check. Multi-day bikepacking? Check. Foul-weather commuting? Check. Check. Check.
The tech you get
A stout aluminium frame with rack and mudguard mounts, a vibration-absorbing carbon fork, a 2×10 Shimano GRX drive train with lower gears for grinding up hills or through rough gravel, hydraulic disc brakes for all-condition stopping power and wide 700x40c gravel tyres for added stability and traction.
Why you’ll love it
- The Checkpoint ALR 4 introduces you to the exciting new frontier of gravel riding at a value that can’t be matched
- This bike is exceedingly versatile and suited to a wide variety of riding styles, including gravel rides, bikepacking and daily commutes
- Mounts on the seat tube and both sides of the down tube make it easy to carry extra gear and water
- Massive tyre clearance means you can use tyres up to 45 c for extra traction and stability in any conditions
- The horizontal sliding dropout makes it easy to fine-tune your geometry or run singlespeed
The final word
Bring it on, gravel! Checkpoint ALR 4 is a high-value gateway to a world of adventure. It’s rugged, fast, comfortable and has an amazing amount of tech for its price. Though it’s made to stand up to the rigours of gravel roads, the frame geometry and accessory mounts make it a great choice for road rides and commutes too.