It’s right for you if…
Unlike the pure roadie who measures watts and weighs out meals, you favour epic all-road adventures that probably end with a beer and a burrito. But that doesn’t mean you’ll compromise on performance. You expect to get a lot for your hard-earned money, including quality, versatility, durability and a ridiculous amount of fun.
The tech you get
A stout aluminium frame with rack and mudguard mounts, a vibration-absorbing carbon fork, a 2×11 Shimano GRX drive train with lower gears for grinding up hills or through rough gravel, hydraulic disc brakes for all-condition stopping power and wide 700x40c gravel tyres for added stability and traction.
Why you’ll love it
- With Checkpoint ALR 5, you’re getting high-quality parts at exceptional value, which means you’ll have extra dough for adventure travel… and burritos
- This bike is exceedingly versatile and suited to a wide variety of riding styles, including gravel rides, bikepacking and daily commutes
- Massive tyre clearance means you can use tyres up to 45 c for extra traction and stability in any conditions
- Mounts on the seat tube and both sides of the down tube make it easy to carry extra gear and water
- The horizontal sliding dropout makes it easy to fine-tune your geometry or run singlespeed
The final word
If the amount of adventure you can get per pound spent is a priority for you, you won’t do better than Checkpoint ALR 5. Quality parts, a durable alloy frame that keeps the price in check, and a wealth of features like extra tyre clearance and customisation options so you can confidently take on bigger, better adventures.