It’s right for you if…
You want an amazing performance road bike at a great value. You’re looking for a carbon bike with a super smooth ride that will help you perform your best on long rides. You also want the added capability and confidence of disc brakes and wider tyres.
The tech you get
A 500 Series OCLV Carbon frame with road-smoothing Front and Rear IsoSpeed, a stable Endurance Geometry, powerful flat-mount disc brakes and a 2×10 Shimano Tiagra drive train. Plus, a micro-adjust seat mast, mudguard mounts and Tubeless Ready wheels wrapped in wider 700×32 tyres. Internal storage and cable routing add to the bike’s capability and sleek look.
Why you’ll love it
- It’s a lightweight carbon bike with disc brakes at an exceptional price, with dependable parts that keep the price in check without compromising performance
- It’s the most affordable bike with disc brakes and IsoSpeed at both the front and rear
- The unique IsoSpeed Carbon fork, which swoops forward toward the dropouts, absorbs vibrations from the road so your arms won’t fatigue as quickly
- This is the gateway to adventure road riding, so you’d better eat a big breakfast – this bike won’t quit until you do
- A sleek internal storage compartment gives you a versatile spot to stow tools and gear
The final word
Domane SL 4 Disc is the introductory carbon model in the family, but when you make the small jump in price from aluminium models, you get a big jump in tech, including a much lighter frame, Front and Rear IsoSpeed, a full carbon fork and the added stopping power and tyre clearance that disc brakes provide.